Monday, September 27, 2010

Prompt 7

Character: Kytari/Ryn/Lynn
Prompt: Let me tell your fortune

It was still snowing, and as they trudged through it, Lynn noticed a brightly colored tent up ahead. "Look." He said, pointing it out to the other two. "Want to see what it is?"

Ky frowned. "I don't think so. There's something about that place that just makes my scales itch."

They drew closer, and were finally able to make out a sign. "Fortunes told," it read simple, the image of a trio of tarot cards painted on it. There was a few footprints leading in and out of it, and Ryn paused. "I want to go in. It could be interesting."

"Why?"

"Aren't you curious? Don't you want to know what your future holds?"

Ky's eyes darkened, turning a darker shade of purple than the two had ever seen it being. "No. They never tell you anything good."

"Please Ky?" Ryn asked, batting her eyes at the other girl. "I really want to."

"I don't see why you find it so interesting. The future can't be changed, no matter how hard you try, so if it's something bad..." her voice trailed off, her mind obviously drifting elsewhere. "Fine." She blinked away a couple of tears. "But you can't say that I didn't warn you."

No comments:

Post a Comment