Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Prompt 1

Character: Kytari
Prompt:
Some days, it's so gloomy I just wanna cry, and then I remember how much she loved gloomy days.

She had clearly been a water spirit, despite being one hundred percent human, and I remember her smelling of rain; rain and metal, and the faint scent of vanilla, and occasionally, when I smell one of these scents, I want to do nothing more than curl up into a little ball, and cry.

Today's one of those days, one of those days that's so gloomy that it makes me want to cry, and that remind me just how much she loved days like this. You'd think that by now, 100 years after her death, I'd possibly be over her, but no, she's still as much of a part of me as my wings are. It kind of sucks.

I mean, sure, I don't regret falling in love with her, or even that I'm still in love, but sometimes, it's just hard. Everything reminds me of her, and maybe if she hadn't died so tragically; if I would have had a chance to say goodbye, maybe it wouldn't be as difficult, but baring time travel or enlisting the help of a necromancer, there's no way I ever can. And I'm not about to go and seek out a necromancer just to fulfill my own selfish desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment